Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good News!

I'm off the hook!

I saw Dr. Horton, from the laboratory for visual neuroscience and he concluded the tumor is not affecting my eye. yet.

With this new information, both my radiologist, Dr. Sneed and I, and even Ilan, feel it is reasonable to postpone radiation treatment, and in the meantime keep following the tumor with MRIs and periodic eye exams.

I'm planning to explore alternative methods to deal with the recurring tumors, so if you have any suggestions and miracle stories - please share them with me!
My first goal in this era is to confront my tongue. In the Chinese medicine the tongue is believed to reflect a person's health. In my case, oy, the tongue looks very unhealthy.
I also keep experimenting with eating meat (still very difficult) and avoiding stress.


links:
Dr. Horton
Dr. Sneed
I should also mention Dr. McDermott, my responsible neurosurgent.

2 comments:

  1. at least the tumor's got you to eating meat :)
    just kidding, mazal tov for the blog, will keep reading, and you will always have my love and support.
    :)
    michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov on the blog. I will keep reading. I hope to see you guys Sunday. Be well and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete