Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Disturbing News

Last week I blogged after a long time, and here I am again, so soon!

So I was writing after the MRI. I was so confident that everything's great, I almost forgot I was waiting for a call from the hospital. That call arrived yesterday. Dr. Sneed called to let me know the good news and the not-so-good news.

The good news are that the tumor growing around the optical nerve is taking a break, and the decision to not treat it last year was correct.

The less good news is that there's a new tumor developing at another area, at the top of the head. Of course looking back to old MRI's the signs were there. but it was too small to detect. It's now at the size of 8 millimeters. The size and location make it a good candidate to treat with gamma-knife, which is easier on the patient. I already was treated in the past with gamma knife, and those tumors stopped growing. Bottom line, the doctor says, if you get a tumor, get one you can treat with gamma knife.

So the full half of the glass is having the option to treat it at all, and treat it with a relatively patient-friendly and proved to be successful manner. Ain't I'm fortunate?

I'm not sure if I should go around telling people about it. On the one hand, it's not a secret. On the other hand, I don't feel I need this kind of attention. So I'm publishing it here, where no one reads anyways.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you Gaby. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete